WANT TO BE TRENDY? BE YOURSELF!
Decorating trends have been consistently moving toward more personal styles, which means there are fewer rules to follow. You get to choose pieces that feel good to you. Not because they are the correct items to fit a certain style, but just because you like them.
So let’s talk about ways to make your home more uniquely you!
CHOOSE ONE-OF-A-KIND ELEMENTS.
- Opt for custom-designed furniture. Instead of shopping at mass-produced furniture stores, have a piece of furniture custom-designed for you. Customized furniture is becoming more and more popular. Imagine having a sofa or table that is the perfect size, shape, color, and pattern – and with all the exact details you want
- Reinvent existing pieces. You can add tassels and trim to upholstered items, apply unique moldings to tables and cabinets, or paint wooden furniture.
- Shop at flea markets, antique fairs, and estate sales. The pieces you find will be much more unique than what you get at the usual stores
- Create your own accessories. The interest in hand-crafted materials continues to grow. So why now craft your own piece? It will not only be one-of-a-kind, but it will have special meaning to you and your family – and be a great conversation starter for guests!
- Use a designer. Professional designers and decorators have access to many more resources than you have as a homeowner. They are able to help you select and create a truly customized piece from a wide variety of fabrics, trims, and other materials.
When you combine new technology with your own imagination, you can create a truly distinctive, one-of-a-kind home. How trendy! How YOU!